February 11, 2005 - August 3, 2013
Our beautiful sweet Roger broke our hearts when he passed after being diagnosed with mesothelioma. The disease showed itself with clear fluid in his belly area which turned out to be a leaching due to pericardial effusion. We extend tremendous thanks to our veterinarian, Kathy Sneider VMD of Blue Ribbon Veterinary Services, as well as Brad Moses DVM, VCA Roberts Animal Hospital, and Nancy Laste, Angell Animal Medical Center, for their superior care and kindness during Roger’s illness and treatment.
Roger was a remarkable boy. So brilliant and beautiful! Roger finished his American Champion title on September 21, 2007 with a glorious 5 point specialty win at Pawcatuck River Labrador Retriever Club under breeder judge Mrs. Susan Huntzinger. Shortly before, on September 7, 2007, he earned a 4 point Specialty major at Jersey Skylands Labrador Retriever Club under breeder judge Mr. Tony Floyd (Trenow). Both wins were owner handled! Roger earned his Canadian Champion title at 16 months of age, with Junior Handler, Elizabeth Anger, our niece!
Of course Roger was our beloved pet! He was sweet, smart, brave, athletic and stunning! His beautiful otter tail never ceased wagging, and his head incredibly handsome with kind dark chocolate eyes matching the color of his proper double coat. He was bred by Corey Anger (Woodhull Labradors), who is Abby’s sister. His dam is Ch. Woodhull’s Frankly My Dear, who was our Gunner’s (Can Ch Woodhull’s Great Gunner CGC) littermate. Roger’s sire, Vinny (Bonaventure Lubberline Viscount), was magnificent and produced many exceptional Labradors. Roger is the sire of our beautiful Am/Can CH Venetian’s Copy That as well as many other wonderful Labradors. All of our current boys have Roger in their pedigree and give us welcome glimpses of him from time to time.
Roger exhibited at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show at Madison Square Garden in New York City in February 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011! To see Roger (#15) in 2011, see the VIDEO (owner/handler dressed in blue). Also check out the behind-the-scenes PHOTO of Roger by ProPlan photographers!
ROGER'S MOST NOTABLE WINS
- Third Place Veterans 7-9 Yrs., LRC of the POTOMAC Specialty, April 10, 2012, under Judge Dr. Michael J. Woods (Waterdog)
- Third Place Veterans Sweepstakes 7-9 Yrs., LRC of the POTOMAC Specialty, April 10, 2012, under Judge Mrs. Marion Daniel (Mar-Moye)
- First Place Veterans 9-11 Yrs. Sweepstakes, and Best of Opposite in Veteran Sweepstakes, New England Sporting Assoc., March 18, 2012, under Judge Mr. Thomas Flaherty (Hedgelawn)
- First Place Veterans 9-11 Yrs. Sweepstakes, New England Sporting Assoc., March 17, 2012, under Judge Ms. Diane Ammerman (Caspar)
- Winners Dog and New CHAMPION (5 point major!), Pawcatuck River LRC Specialty, September 21, 2007, under Judge Mrs. Susan Huntzinger (Riverlane)
- Reserve Winners Dog, South Shore Kennel Club, September 14, 2007, under Judge Ms. Carolyn Cederman
- Reserve Winners Dog, Jersey Skylands LRC Specialty, September 8, 2007, under Judge Mrs. Maureen Floyd (Trenow)
- Winners Dog (4 point major!), Jersey Skylands LRC Specialty,
September 7, 2007, under Judge Mr. Tony Floyd (Trenow)
- First Place Open Chocolate, Providence County Kennel Club, July 28, 2007, under Judge Ms. Wendy C. McNaughton (Kazorp)
- First Place Open Chocolate, Delaware Water Gap Kennel Club, May 7, 2007, under Judge Ms. Lorri Isenhath (Dovetail)
- First Place Open Chocolate, Trenton Kennel Club, May 6, 2007, under Judge Ms. Laura J. Dedering (Folklaur)
- Reserve Winners Dog, Rhode Island Club, April 15, 2007, under Judge Mr. Frank J. Washabaugh
- Second Place Open Chocolate, LRC of the POTOMAC Specialty, April 11, 2007, under Judge Mrs. Margaret Brown (Ramsayville)
- Reserve Winners Dog, Elm City Kennel Club, February 17, 2007, under Judge Mrs. Madeleine B. Fish
- Winners Dog (2 points), Greater Lowell Kennel Club, January 13, 2007, under Judge Mr. Thomas J. Tracy
- Reserve Winners Dog, Kenilworth Kennel Club of Connecticut, November 4, 2006, under Judge Mr. Robert L. Vandiver
- Winners Dog and Best of Winners (1 point), Bronx County Kennel Club, October 29, 2006, under Judge Mrs. Connie S. Clapp
- Third Place American Bred, LRC NATIONAL Specialty, October 12, 2006, under Judge Mrs. Constance Barton
- Winners Dog and Best of Opposite (2 points), Mid-Coast Kennel Club of Maine, September 3, 2006, under Judge Mr. Frank J. Washabaugh
- First Place American Bred, Greater Lowell Kennel Club, August 20, 2006, under Judge Mrs. Andrea B. Robertson (Accolade)
- Winners Dog and Best of Opposite (1 point), Wachusett Kennel Club,
August 19, 2006, under Judge Mr. Wayne E. Bousek
- Second Place 12-18 Mos., LRC of the POTOMAC Specialty, April 12, 2006, under Judge Mr. Thomas R. Pascoe (Trewinnard)
- Second Place 12-15 Mos. Sweepstakes, LRC of the POTOMAC Specialty,
April 12, 2006, under Judge Mr. Norman Grenier
- First Place 9-12 Mos., Eastern Dog Club, December 11, 2005, under Judge
Ms. Lorri Isenhath (Dovetail)
- First Place 9-12 Mos., Eastern Dog Club, December 10, 2005, under Judge Mrs. Linda Vaughn (Simerdown)
- First Place 9-12 Mos., Middlesex County Kennel Club, December 8, 2005, under Judge Ms. Nancy Arbuckle (Hunt Club)
- Third Place 6-9 Mos., LRC NATIONAL Specialty, October 12, 2005, under Judge Mr. Erik Bergishagen (Jagersbo)
- First Place 6-9 Mos. Sweepstakes, LRC NATIONAL Specialty October 12, 2005, under Judge Ms. Judy Heim (Hyspire)
Critique by Ms. Mary Cox
Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever Club Specialty October 20, 2006
American Bred Dogs, AOAC, 2nd Place (Age: 20 months)
WOODHULL’S ROGER THAT Chocolate with pleasing head and expression. Good eye color, good front, bone and feet. Good spring of rib, short coupled, nice turn of stifle, good coat. Moved and showed well.
Critique by Mrs. Margaret Brown
Labrador Retriever Club of the Potomac Specialty April 11-13, 2007
Open Chocolate Dogs, 2nd Place (Age: 26 months)
WOODHULL'S ROGER THAT Super head of this dog, like one masculine without being course, well set ears, good conformation overall with good depth of brisket and length of rib, has enough angulation in quarters to give him balance, holds his topline well on the move, another quality dog, both should have a successful future in the ring.
Critique by Mr. Tony Floyd
Jersey Skylands Labrador Retriever Club Specialty September 7, 2007
Winners Dog (Major) (Age: 2 ½ years)
WOODHULL'S ROGER THAT Chocolate dog of nice handy size; well balanced strong roomy body; good firm topline; pleasing in head and expression with good eye colour; nice reach of neck set into well placed shoulders; good bone and well developed feet; strong quarters; well turned stifles; excellent coat; good tail; moved soundly and freely.
Critique by Mrs. Maureen Floyd
Jersey Skylands Labrador Retriever Club Specialty September 8, 2007
Reserve Winners Dog (Age: 2½ years)
WOODHULL'S ROGER THAT Chocolate dog carrying a good coat of excellent whole colour; deep body and good rib cage; carrying no extra weight; well boned with good feet; strong quarters and well coated tail; kind head and nice eye colour; moved very soundly.
Roger is available for breeding to approved bitches. His health clearances and certifications include: OptiGen PRA Normal/Clear, OFA Hips Good, OFA Elbows Normal, OFA Heart Clear by Color Doppler Echo, EIC Clear, CNM Clear, Inherited RD/OSD (Retinal Dysplasia) Normal, and an annual CERF. Roger is Cy (Eebb). DNA Profile #V408586. AKC Registration #SR23461202. CKC Registration #1103058.
See Roger's son, and our family member, Am/Can CH Venetian's Copy That!